High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- First Trailer for Andy Serkis' 'Mowgli' Reveals a Darker Take on 'The Jungle Book'
- Criterion Details August 2018 Blu-ray Titles
- New 'Mission: Impossible - Fallout' Trailer Teases Plenty of Action
- Everything You Need to Know About Han Solo Before Seeing SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: Kino Details June Titles
- 'The Predator' Stalks its Prey in Explosive First Teaser Trailer
- 10 Movies Based On Books You (Probably) Didn't Read
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: 'Blockers,' 'Wonderstruck,' and More
- Ron Howard Recaps 'Star Wars' in 'Arrested Development' Mash-Up Parody
'Avengers: Infinity War' 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Up for Pre-Order! (UPDATE: Release Date Announced)
- 'Deadpool 2' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Up for Pre-Order (UPDATE: Best Buy SteelBooks Added)
- 'The Death of Superman' Planned for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'The Incredibles' Announced for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'A Quiet Place' 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Up for Pre-Order
- 'Love, Simon' Announced for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray
- Coming Soon to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray: 'Jack Reacher,' 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,' and More
- 'Rampage' Bound for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, & Blu-ray 3D
- 'The Avengers,' 'The Deer Hunter,' 'The Matrix Reloaded,' and More Rumored for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Tomb Raider' Dated & Detailed for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, & Blu-ray 3D
- TCL and Mill Creek Celebrate National Streaming Day with Special Deals on TVs and Movies
- This Week in Gear: New Optoma Projector with Alexa Support, McIntosh's Latest Audio Gear, and More
- Coming Soon to Streaming: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,' 'Trollhunters,' and More
- YouTube Red Streaming Service Set to Relaunch as YouTube Premium
- Select Onkyo, Integra, and Pioneer Receivers Set to Add Support for Sonos Sound Platform
- Yamaha Details AVENTAGE RX-A 80 Series AV Receivers with New Surround:AI Tech
- That Stylish Turntable from Last Night's 'Westworld' is Now Available for $999
- HDD Gear Deals: Up to 44% Off Klipsch Reference Speakers & Sound Bars
- HDD Gear Deals: 2017 TCL 55-inch P Series 4K Roku TV on Sale for Just $499 Today Only at Best Buy!
THE BONUS VIEW
- Weekend Roundtable: Action Movie One-Liners
- One Man’s Trash: ‘Clowntergeist’
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’ Contest Results
- ‘The Flash’ 4.22 Recap: “Top Marks, Quick Boy”
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Set Your Expectations So Low
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ 5.21 Recap: “You’re Just the Villain of the Month”
- ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ 4.05 Recap: “Soup Is the Blanket of Food”
- Contest: Win ‘Braveheart’ and ‘Gladiator’ on 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray!
- Cannes Journal: ‘Climax’