High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- Criterion Details May 2018 Blu-ray Titles
- Latest 'Ready Player One' Trailer is Full of Even More Pop Culture References
- New 'Incredibles 2' Trailer Highlights Challenges of Superhero Parenting
- Anime Fans Get Ready for 'Batman Ninja' in May!
- Lisa Henson Talks The Dark Crystal 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos Soundtrack
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: 'I, Tonya,' 'Molly's Game,' 'Phantom Thread,' and More
- Everything You Need to Know About the Black Panther Before Watching Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- 10 Steamy Thrillers For Valentine's Day That Are WAY Better Than The Fifty Shades Trilogy
- Sony Debuts First Teaser Trailer for 'Venom'
- 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' Announced for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Yippee Ki Yay? 'Die Hard' Rumored for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Grease: 40th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Coming Soon to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray: 'The Incredible Hulk,' 'Pitch Perfect,' and More
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Shape of Water' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Announced and Detailed
- 'Downsizing' Announced for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Martin McDonagh's 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Dated & Detailed
- Stanley Kubrick’s '2001: A Space Odyssey' Rumored for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Up for Pre-Order
- Optoma Unveils 10,000 Lumen ProScene Laser Projector
- Coming Soon to Streaming: 'Love,' 'Bosch,' 'A Series of Unfortunate Events,' and More
- Sony Announces Limited Time Sale on PlayStation VR Headsets & Bundles
- Acer Releases VL7860 4K UHD Laser Projector
- HDD Gear Deals: Up to 25% Off Amazon Fire Tablets
- VIZIO Launches Amazon Alexa Voice Control Support for Select 4K Displays
- Sony Reveals Pricing for X900F and X850F 4K HDR TVs
- Coming Soon to Streaming: 'Jessica Jones,' 'Sneaky Pete,' 'Hard Sun,' and More
- Hands on First Look: McIntosh XRT2.1K Loudspeakers
THE BONUS VIEW
- Poll: Worst Marvel MCU Movie (So Far)
- Weekend Box Office: Fat Cat
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of February 18th, 2018 – Daddy Issues
- Weekend Roundtable: From Oscar Gowns and Tuxes to Capes and Tights
- ‘Black Hollow Cage’ Review: Hollow Indeed
- Weekend Movies: Dawn of a New Age
- ‘Poop Talk’ Review: Exactly What the Title Says
- Poll: What Is Your Favorite Marvel MCU Movie (So Far)?
- ‘Early Man’ Review: Quest for Laughter