ATTEN-HUT!! Listen up, grunts. It’s time to announce the winners of last week’s ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’ contest. You want to know who won, don’t you? After all, knowing is half the battle.
Before we begin, I just need to express my disappointment that nobody commented on my Bruce “The Paper” Willis joke. This stuff is gold, folks!
Fortunately, you guys submitted dozens of hilarious entries for the contest. As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Adam: “No, not bad. Wonder Woman having two secret identities was weird, but you looked great in the suit.”
- NJScorpio: “Okay Dwayne…that runway is just WAY too long to be realistic.”
- Pedram: For the last time guys, THIS is why ice does not sink in water!
- Jim: Notice how these GI Joe dolls flex and the elbows and knees? Why can’t you two?
- Jeremy R: We have to avenge our friends! And get COBRA out of the White House! But first…PINTEREST!!!!!
- Timcharger: “The internet is GROSS! It’s filled with perverts! Look here…I was patriotically typing, ‘Cobra Sucks Ass’ and look what came up!”
- David S: The director shouting from off camera: “Ok, guys. Just stare intently at those green screens on the monitors and we’ll fill in the plot holes later.”
- Isaac: Jaye: “Hey boss, remember when you were in Doom?” Rock (after a long silence): “No.”
- Mr. Apollo: June 2012, Paramount Studios Post Production 3d conversion. The Rock: “We don’t know what the hell we’re doing. One of you needs to call Paramount and say we’re gonna need another year to do this.”
- Evan W: Josh can write all the blog entries he wants about constant image height stuff, but I will never understand it…
- Jay P: I’m telling you guys for the last time, that guy from ‘Tooth Fairy’…IS…NOT…ME!!!!!
- Jonathan D: “Just a minute. I’m not done being a grammar Nazi to this opinionated imbecile on the GIJoe forum.”
- Tim B: What you two got cooking there?! Smells like something is up.
- Medijon: “I broke it down, I think we need to start reserving more bullets and explosives and less knowing.”
- Mike C: How is it in our cartoons they’re shooting lasers everywhere and nobody ever gets shot?
- Trebor E: Oh, that’s totally a tranny. Wait for it… Yep See..Now turn it off…wait…gotta be sure…
- Matt: “Golobulus sounds like something you’d find between someone’s toes.”
- Chris: Does that tornado…have sharks in it?
- Zuria: See where my hand is? That Kinect sensor can’t pick up shit!
- Michael: “Yeah, he says his name is Carlos Danger. He might be a good addition to the team.”
There were a lot more funny entries that I sadly had to eliminate in order to get down to a reasonable number of Honorable Mentions. It’s worth your time to read through them all in the original post.
Eric F. is obviously a regular reader of this blog who knows how to hit my funny bone.
Hey look guys, I found this video on You Tube. It shows how to build a home theater in your basement. It makes it look so easy, this is gonna be a piece of cake!
Oh, if only!
Congratulations to Eric for winning ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. Don’t forget to get your entries in for our ‘Oblivion’ contest before Friday’s deadline.