Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 at 12:45 PM PST by
The comedian will hit the stage on Netflix later this month.Continue Reading
Posted Wed Dec 9, 2015 at 04:00 PM PST by
The digital comedy service will launch next month.Continue Reading
Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM PDT by
The network has revealed its own digital comedy service.Continue Reading
Posted Mon May 4, 2015 at 01:30 PM PDT by
Thousands of SNL clips are now available to stream.Continue Reading
High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- Universal Unleashes Trailer for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom'
- 'Better Call Saul: Season Three' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'Luke Cage: The Complete First Season' Headed for Blu-ray
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer,' 'The Deuce,' and More
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: 'Better Call Saul,' 'Mark Felt,' and More
- 'The Simpsons' Return to DVD with Season 18 but Blu-ray Releases No Longer Planned
- Coming Soon to Blu-ray: Best Buy SteelBooks, 'Marshall,' 'Goodbye Christopher Robin,' and More
- Have You Ever Wanted to Ask Jim Jarmusch About His Films?
- 'Brawl in Cell Block 99' Sentenced to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Rumored for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- Denis Villeneuve's 'Blade Runner 2049' Bound for Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Coming Soon to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray: 'Cloverfield,' 'Mayhem,' and More
- Cyber Monday Deals: Buy Two Select 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays for $30 at Best Buy
- 'Justice League' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- First Look: the Christopher Nolan Collection in 4K
- 'The Mountain Between Us' Headed for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Batman: Gotham By Gaslight' Announced for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Dark Knight Trilogy' & 'Christopher Nolan Collection' Detailed for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- FCC Votes to End Net Neutrality Protections
- Amazon Announces Plans to Sell Google Chromecast & Apple TV Devices
- Redbox Announces New On Demand Movie & TV Service
- Disney Officially Set to Acquire 21st Century Fox in $52.4 Billion Deal
- MovieZoot Now Streaming Four Early Alfred Hitchcock Films for Free
- Amazon Sets December 13 Launch Date for HDR10+ Streaming on Samsung 4K TVs
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Premieres in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
- This Week in Gear: New Philips Roku TVs, Amazon Expands Alexa Control for Fire TV, and More
- Coming Soon to Streaming: 'Stranger Things,' 'Jack Ryan,' 'The Grand Tour,' and More
THE BONUS VIEW
- Weekend Movies: Serious Bulls**t
- ‘Ferdinand’ Review: A Load of Bull
- ‘Call Me by Your Name’ Review: Steamy Honesty
- ‘Despicable Me 3’ Contest Results
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ 5.03 Recap: “I’d Rather Not Go Where No One Can Hear You Scream”
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: Rian Strikes Back
- ‘Dim the Fluorescents’ Review: Fractured Friendships
- 2018 Golden Globe Nominations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ 8.08 Recap: “You Ever Shut the Hell Up?”