Turnout for our ‘Texas Chainsaw’ contest was a little light last week. Did the prize not grab your interest, or did I just do a poor job of finding a funny photo for you to caption? (Admittedly, the options I found via Google were pretty limited.) Still, a number of our readers were game to compete. One of you will take home the prize today.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
I’m a little surprised that no one made a “Is that a chainsaw in your pocket or are you happy to see me?” joke. Maybe that was too obvious?
- NJScorpio: The movie was so low budget that the cast had to share outfits.
- Cameron: Girl: “Eh, not too worried, we all know which of us is gonna die first.”
- Jeremy R: “Sweetie, that isn’t what I meant when I said I wanted to see Django Unchained.”
- David S: I think this is where our American Eagle photoshoot is supposed to take place.
- Andrew S: We might get to avoid the chainsaw massacre but I dont think we can avoid the bloodbath the critics are going to deliver when they see this tepid inclusion in what once was a classic horror franchise ,
- Ronald O: Where’s that outhouse, again? I need to remind myself where my acting career is going.
- David D: Do you think he’ll go away if we give him our clothes?
- Jack C: Who’s making that racket?! We’re trying to play strip poker over here!
- Shane F: That dude with the chainsaw better not cut off my face and wear it… A white man wearing black face is offensive.
- Anthony P: I would never remember these lines if they weren’t written on my chest.
I got a good chuckle out of this ‘Blazing Saddles’ reference from Dean:
Yawl excuse me while I whip this out!!!!
Congratulations to Dean for winning ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. Don’t forget to get your entries in for our Studio Ghibli prize pack contest before Friday’s deadline.