Our contest is over and it’s time for E.T. to phone home… to your home, which is where he’ll be going if you’re our lucky winner. Let’s check the results!
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Deaditelord: The moment E.T. realized that starring in a remake of Mary Poppins was a terrible idea.
- David S: “Ugh. This dress is getting tight. I need to lay off the Reese’s Pieces.”
- Bill M: Dear Jim Henson: Frank Oz said you had just the right opportunity for me…
- Bill: Whaddaya mean Trump said I can’t serve?
- Ian: Damn that Steven King – I was planning to wear a clown costume!
- Jared M: “When 35 years old you reach, look as good you will not.”
- RubnVlle: “Hi, I’m Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. Why don’t you have a seat, Mr. E.T.
- Dan J: An alien in a dress…a wall couldn’t keep me out.
- Hamud M: Who said smoking’s bad for ya? I smoke 3 packs a day and look like Hedy Lamarr!
- Chase D: Yea! Yea! DUDEEE LOOKS LIKE A LADY!
- Dan B: It’s right then I realised I made a huge mistake upgrading to 4k. You can literally see every wrinkle and skin blemish on the actors that weren’t apparent in HD making everyone appear much older than they did before.
- Barry D: Where’s the beef?!?
- Kyle N: The Walk of Shame is paved in Reece’s Pieces
- EM: Come off it, people. A wrinkly old guy secretly spends time stark naked with a bunch of kids, and this is what upsets you?!?
- Derek: Still more dignity than Atari gave me.
- Ice: Excuse me, but my eyes are up here.
- Elizabeth: No, that isn’t Richard Simmons. No, it’s not Steven Tyler either. Okay, it might be Steven Tyler.
- Dan C: Aaaaannnd….the players gonna hate hate hate and the haters gonna hate hate hate the government is tryin ta chase chase chase me but I’m just gonna shake it off shake it off ooo ooo ooo ouch!
- Leon D: Deferred Action for Childhood Aliens
- Timcharger: E.T. misunderstood it as Ambien Entertainment. Oh boy, were the side effects on alien species sure strange.
We had a lot of great entries. Elio takes the prize for this one:
Toddlers and Tiaras is getting really weird.
Congratulations to Elio for winning ‘E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial‘ on Ultra HD Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.