When I wrote up last week’s ‘Game of Thrones’ contest post, I had originally started with a different picture for readers to caption. I’m glad that I found another one and changed it at the last minute, because I think this one offered a better opportunity for funnier captions. You sure seem to have come through on that front.
Here’s the picture I settled on:
- Alex: You see what happens? All kinds of crazy sports get added when you let Russia host the Olympics.
- Joseph K: I guess the question is, is that sword too big, too small, or just right? Are you feeling lucky?
- Robb: Ok, but after this game, I have to go sit on the throne, if you know what I mean.
- Tom A: The medieval equivalent of bringing a knife to a gunfight.
- Matthew S: I drink your Porridge, I drink it up!
- Chase D: If you ask me “What does the Fox say?” ONE more time…
- Bernie W: This situation is un-bearable.
- Shayne B: “Come out to King’s Landing, we’ll get together, have a few laughs…”
- Csm101: “This bear shits on a toilet, outta my way lady!”
- Aaron M: Tilda Swinton’s audition tape for Star Wars Episode VII.
- shawn: My what big teeth you have.
- Rich86: Hey – I said NO TONGUES!!
- Vasilis: My name is Enigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
- David S: An argument over whether or not Brave deserved to win the Oscar for best animated feature escalates quickly.
“…just bear with me!”- “I SAID STOP WITH THE BEAR PUNS!”
“I can understand how my appearance gives you paws…”
- “STOP! I’ll STAB YOU! I SWEAR!”
“Well, that’s a bit grizzly.”
- Adam C: To be fair to the bear, she does look just like a salmon.
- JonathanL: “C’mon, I’ve swallowed bigger…”
- Robert: Excuse me, I just ate two Starks and a Lannister. Which way to the woods?
- Ross: As unlikely as it seemed, in a few distant corners of the realm the debate between Blu-ray and HD-DVD bitterly raged on…
- Gena: Oh no! She used the last of the Charmin!
Dominique won me over with several great entries, but this one was my favorite:
“Wait, guys, I thought you said this was barely a chall– ……….. ‘bear’ly a challenge.. ah, I see what you did there.”
That just kills me.
Congratulations to Dominique for winning ‘Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.
If you’re curious, here was the original image I almost went with:
Feel free to caption that in the Comments for fun. My suggestion: “Curses, He-Man! Eternia will be mine yet!”