We dared you to be stupid, and you came through for us with lots of hilariously silly contest entries. One of our readers will take home a free copy of ‘The Transformers: The Movie’ on Blu-ray. Nothin’s gonna stand in your way! Let’s pick a winner.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- dpy102: That’ll buff out.
- TJKats: “Shhhhhh if I lay here really still maybe Michael Bay will think I’m dead and not put me in another of his movies”
- Csm101: “Fret not fellow Autobots, for I too will come back bigger, badder, and more powerful than ever before. They will know me as AMAZON PRIME!!” (Membership fees will apply)
- Jeremy: “This may not be the best time, Optimus, buuuuuutttt…my annual performance review was due two weeks ago, and I kinda need to know how much money to take when me and the family go to Disney. No rush, though!”
- RJ Munkey: KELLY CLARKSON!!!
- Jason: I knew Shia LeBeouf would be the death of me…
- Brian: Dang it Hot Rod, I’m a microscope, not a doctor.
- Albert S: “I knew I should have bought that extended warranty.”
- Jacob: There is absolutely nothing to see here, Optimus just overheated after he was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and is just taking a few days off.
- Rogelio S: As the surviving Autobots stood around a dying Optimus, they all realized that they accidentally left Daniel outside with the surviving Deceptions.
- photogdave: “Dibs on the trailer!”
- William M: “Let’s sharpie some wedding tackle on his face while he’s out.”
- Dan: Can you show us on the autobot where the human touched you?
- nagara: Ultra Magnus: “Well at least he wasn’t blown up. There’s no coming back from that!
- Galgomite: “He’s slipping into a com– aw, fuck it.”
Djwcaw came in late towards the end of the contest period, but nailed it with this simple but perfect reply:
“Way past his Prime…”
Congratulations to Djwcaw for winning ‘The Transformers: The Movie‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest!