Our contest has terminated. We promised we’d be back with the results this week, and now it’s time for us to say “Hasta la vista, baby” to these spare copies of ‘Terminator: Genisys’ sitting in our office.
What, you don’t like our ‘Terminator’ catchphrase puns? Chill out, dickwad.
Note: That’s a joke. We don’t actually think that any of our readers are dickwads… Well, except maybe that one guy. He knows who he is.
Anyway, on to the results! As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Csm101: 1984- “I’ll be back”
2015- “Oohh.. My back!”
- Robert B: Come with me if you want your career back.
- Shayne B: We will now send a robotic doppelganger of John Connor’s childhood pet into the future to terminate his grandchildren thus ensuring that John Connor himself is never born. It cannot fail.
- Jason: I want you to go back in time and tell Michael J. Fox that the Cubs will NEVER win the World Series!
- NJScorpio: Look into my face and see your future. A future of infinite sequels, countless cyborgs, the same plot over and over, breaking you down until you are a caricature of a caricature. A husk of a man shuffled through a fog of green screen and one liners, until your flesh gives out, and your restless soul watches as we recycle your image, across a flood of media and interactive products. We will push the boundaries of technology, your likeness welcomed into homes. You will be everywhere. We will be everywhere. Skynet is not fiction within the franchise, Skynet IS the franchise.”
- Cameron: “Did she tell you ANY Game of Thrones spoilers?”
– “No… But Jai has news on Die Har…
“NOBODY WANTS THAT! NOBODY EVER WANTED THAT!”
- Chapz K: If you are referring to sexuality, I am… fully functional, programmed in… multiple techniques.
- kashtarreaper: “Why do I look like the lovechild of Dr. Manhattan and Ultron?”
- Jamie: Are you ready for Terminator: Exydus?
- phill: Arnold: “I should have made another Conan movie instead.”
- Carl C: >>Processing<>Processing<>Entering “DEPECHE” Mode<<
“You have bound my heart with subtle chains
So much pleasure that it feels like pain
So entwined now that we can’t shake free
I am you and you are me”
- KiKS: “I remember you… Were you not the DP when I was played by Christian Bale?”
- Michael C: “Housemaid? What were you thinking?!!”
- Jacob: Hold on, updating.
- Michael A: “Imma let you finish, but James Cameron made the best Terminator sequel of all-time.”
- Dan: “I’ve gone back in time to prevent the production of Twins 2.”
- Zuria: Mention “Blue Man Group” one more time. I DARE YA!
- Chaz: How did I get here? Why am I choking you? Who am I? Why did this sequel happen?
- James C: “California’s mine now, all mine.”. – Jerry Brown
- Matt S: “Where we’re going, we don’t need this franchise anymore.”
Of the many jokes and puns about the movie’s dumb title, EM had the best one:
I’m also giving one copy to Salvador primarily because I fully support and endorse his sentiment.
“For the last time, tell your buddy Cameron to give us True Lies and The Abyss on Blu-ray!!”
Seriously, what the hell’s the holdup, Jim Cameron?
Congratulations to EM and Salvador for winning ‘Terminator: Genisys‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.