It’s time to reveal the results of last week’s Studio Ghibli prize pack contest, and I’m actually jealous of the winner. I wish that I could get free copies of both ‘My Neighbor Totoro’ and ‘Howl’s Moving Castle’. These are such great movies, but I’ll have to pay for them out of pocket and I’m broke right now! One of you is far luckier than I am. Which reader will claim the prize? Let’s find out.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
We had a good turnout for this contest. I had a difficult time weeding the many excellent entries down to the following:
- Leo: That’s how much 4K is going to cost us!
- Alex: “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the cat. “We’re all mad here.”
- Jim: Can you hear me now?
- Daniel S: ♫Ghostbusters!!!♫
- Steve: See! No cavities!
- malakai: Stop!!! I know you can’t hear us, because this invisible dome is soundproof, but we’re going to scream anyway so that when you go splat, we go on with life with a good conscience.
- bubbatwo420: Shane! Come back Shane!
- ValhallAw8s: Michael Bay just signed on for a remake! And in this one we are aliens!
- Rob P: KHAAAAANNN!!!
- Jason: Not Penny’s Boat? Wait, what is he doing? NO! CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Mike V: THIS…IS…GHIBLI!
- Don: “You watch the dubbed version of anime films?”
- Nick H: “HEY YOU GUUUUUUUYYYYSSS!!!”
- William H: 5 reasons to hate Star Trek: Into Darkness……
- loganfire3: “Zyber’s home theater still isn’t done?!”
- Csm101: Crest whitening strips work for everyone!!
- Jacob L: So that is how Pokemon reproduce.
- Gareth C: “We don’t have to use our inside voices! We’re not inside!”
- Zuria: The intrepid Reliant crew suddenly discovered that they WERE on Ceti Alpha V…
- Timcharger: After being remastered in 4K, Totoro and friends were shocked to see the truth that Catbus was really just a bus painted as a cat.
- Keith W: James Cameron is making more Avatars instead of Battle Angel Alita? AAAARGHHH!
- Jason: I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT! LOUD NOISES!
- Jeremy R: KANEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
- EM: And yes, moms, their faces did freeze that way…
- Wing Man: “Hey, everyone, the “Texas Chainsaw” results are in. Heh heeeeeh, so little people entered… This is iiiiit! I’m finally winning a High-Def Digest contest!! What?!! Not even an Honorable Mention?!! Josh Zyber, you son of a…!!!
This entry from Raidel L. is both topical and funny, and that’s a winning combination.
Tell mom we need paper toilet in Venezuela!
If you don’t get it, try watching the news sometime.
Congratulations to Raidel for winning ‘My Neighbor Totoro‘ and ‘Howl’s Moving Castle‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. Don’t forget, you still have until Friday to get in on our ‘Side Effects’ contest.