Last week, we offered you the chance to win the James Bond blockbuster ‘Skyfall’ on Blu-ray. After pouring through the entries, we’ve finally picked a winner. Read on to find out which of our lucky readers will receive a free copy of the disc!
As explained in the original post, our challenge was to provide a funny or clever caption for the following image.
Once again, our readers stepped up to the plate with many hilarious submissions. The process of winnowing them down to just a handful of Honorable Mentions and one winner is always painful, but this is what we came up with.
- Sam C: Sitting on a wooden bench hasn’t felt right since that session with Le Chiffre.
- BambooLounge: I do this each day on my lunch hour ever since watching Pierce Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair.
- HuskerGuy: The artist’s rendition of Pussy Galore was truly mesmerizing.
- Adam C: “Finally, a quantum of solace.”
- Shayne: That’s not the bench leg.
- Michael H: I really shouldn’t have had that second bean burrito.
- Deepak: The Spy Who Loved Art.
- Aaron M: “The name’s James. James Bond. No. Not cool enough. The name’s James Bond. The name’s Mr. Bond. Mr. James Bond. Bond is my name, but you can call me James. Mr. Bond was my father’s name. You can call me James. James was my father’s name. You can call me Mr. Bond. Call me Jim. Jim Bond. Jimmy Bond…The name’s Bond. James Bond… The name’s Bond. James Bond…”
- DemLo: *SIGH* I can’t wait to retire so I can finally follow my true passion and start painting my kitties.
- Richard: Please not Slytherin please not Slytherin please not Slytherin!
- Matt: “Bored. James Bored.”
- Rob: They never made Connery wait.
- Jim: On Her Majesty’s time out bench…
- Cameron: “Vesper would have liked this painting”…*Pulls out phone*… At the museum fondly remembering @VesperLynd #RIP #I<3U #LOML #Quantum #Solace #youhadmeatimthemoney
- Mike R: He found “Dogs Playing Poker” to be oddly arousing.
- Dominique M: Bond, after agreeing via e-mail to meet up with that Nigerian Prince who he kept sending money to.
- NJScorpio: Why couldn’t I have been one of those James Bonds with laser pens and submarine cars?
- Tim C: I’m 50 now, so give me sec to rest on this museum bench.
- Tom A: Be a secret agent, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. Fly around the world. Blow things up. Drive fast cars with even faster women. :sigh: Still, this beats paperwork.
- David W: Choosing his next witticism carefully (for it may be his last).
Chris gave us several art-related puns, but this was by far the funniest, and was the entry that made me laugh the hardest.
007 Motto: Fuck bitches. Get Monet.
What can I say? Sometimes crude humor appeals to me. But, more than that, the joke also functions as a pretty clever parody of Bond’s reputation as a sexist womanizer. See, it works on multiple levels.
Congratulations to Chris for winning ‘Skyfall‘ on Blu-ray. For the rest of you, thanks for participating, and don’t forget that we still have a giveaway for ‘The Terminator’ (Remastered) going on. Get those entries in!