Well shoot! It’s time to announce the results of our ‘The Gunman’ Blu-ray contest. Our readers fired off lots of funny entries last week. Which ones hit the target? Let’s find out.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Csm101: Every time Madonna knocks on his door, he takes the necessary precautions.
- NJScorpio: “Almost level, move the left side of the frame up…up…no, too much.”
- Aaron O: Those are my Dora the Explorer slippers! Where do you think you are going with them?
- Carl C: He slides into home and is SAFE! – The catcher wisely chooses not to block the plate.
- Chris M: Go on! Ask me about Shanghai Surprise one more time. I dare you!
- David C: “Two Oscars and they still call me Spicoli?!”
- Deaditelord: Having wasted all the bad guys and saved the day, Sean Penn prepares himself for the action hero equivalent of “dropping the mic”.
- Luis B: “This is a weapon, this is a gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun.”
- itjustWoRX: “You…dick!”
- Adam C: “Sean, if you wanna shoot straight you’re gonna have to bring the gun down to eye level. Wait, Sean, no…the gun! Bring the GUN down, not your body”
Michael here gave us nine entries that were so funny I couldn’t choose just one to highlight, though I especially like #7.
1. “I don’t give a crap if he’s the cinematographer, I told you I don’t like being filmed!”
2. “I know it’s not in the script, but I feel like my character would shoot this kid in the head.”
3. “Go ahead, call me downward-facing dog one more time. I dare you!”
4. “What the hell?!? How am I supposed to know how to pronounce Charlize?”
5. “See… it looks a lot cooler when I hold the gun sideways.”
6. “If you want me to aim it directly at Damon’s head I have to get down here.”
7. “I have a full clip that says just because you’re the director doesn’t mean you get to tell me what to do.”
8. “Sean? Mr. Penn? I told you I don’t know who that is. As long as we’re shooting, my name is The Gunman.”
9. “Are you sure? Because my chances for an Oscar nomination go way up if my character is crippled.”
Congratulations to Michael for winning ‘The Gunman‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.