The results of last week’s ‘Terminator’ giveaway have been tabulated, calculated and robotically analyzed to determine a winner. To paraphrase Kyle Reese: Come with me if you want a Blu-ray.
As explained in the original post, the challenge was to come up with a clever or witty caption for the following image:
This seemed like pretty fertile ground, and our readers came through with some entertaining responses. Here are some of our favorites.
- Alex: He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.
- Barsoom Bob: The invitation DID say “Come as you are.”
- Aaron M: I see your schwartz is as big as mine.
- Don: It’s not a tumah!
- Adam C: “Some politicians will do anything for the 18 to 29 vote.”
- Jason C: “This is how Austrians say goodbye.”
- Shayne B: “And Danny Devito has the same birthmark on the other side!”
- Mike R: It’s hard to be intimidating when you’re built like a Ken doll.
- Csm101: “WE’RE GOING STREAKING! Through the quad, and into the gymnasium!”
- Michael P: Guys: “Wow that’s a great act, what do you call it?” Terminator: “The Aristocrats!”
- Rodney K: “Do you have any blu-ray slipcovers I can put on?”
- Zuria: “T-800. That’s right, the T stands for Tripod!”
- HuskerGuy: The T-101 completely misinterpreted “wang chung”, but he did have fun that night.
- Jonathan D: The cast discuss the finer points of Jung’s description of the collective unconscious and its pull upon the human condition between takes.
- Rob: Give me a sec…it’s rebooting.
Jim here had the most delightfully cringeworthy pun with this entry:
“I’ll be bare-back.”
Congratulations to Jim for winning ‘The Terminator‘ (Remastered) on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating. If you didn’t win this one, be sure to enter our ‘Hitchcock’ giveaway this week for another chance to take home a free Blu-ray.