It had been a while since we held a contest around here and I think we may need more time to get back into the swing of things. Even so, we got some pretty good responses to last week’s contest, one of which will win Jordan Peele’s Us on Blu-ray.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
As always, I’m not saying that these were the only good entries we received. However, it’s impractical to give everybody an honorable mention. If I’m forced to narrow the selection down, these were some that made me laugh the most.
- Csm101: Those little Zyber twins are up to no good again.
- njscorpio: This is what happens when you take away your kids’ tablets and say, “go play”.
- David S: When a game of Patty Cakes gets weird.
- Adam C: Jordan Peele and I saw very different versions of E.T.
- Ted D: “Ever seen Pulp Fiction? You know that scene in the pawn shop basement? Yeah, it’s about to get crazy up in here!”
- Jeremy R: “I’m not touching me! I’m not touching me!! I’m not touching me!!!”
- Vincent A: “Oof, Chewbacca Mom memes are dead, bro”
- Ronald O: Now let’s practice doing the Vulcan salute.
- Elio C: E.T. phone HELL!!!!
- Zuria: When you play Rock-Paper-Scissors and both keep throwing Paper repeatedly.
I wonder if some of our younger readers will even get the reference (or some of our older readers, for that matter), but as someone who grew up watching Super Friends in the late 1970s and early ’80s, Steve’s entry struck me as, “Of course. THAT has to be the right answer!” as soon as I read it.
Wonder Twin Powers…Activate!
Congratulations to Steve for winning Us on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.