OK, fine, maybe our contest prize last week was less than transcendent. Hey, you know what, one of our readers is still walking away with a free Blu-ray, and that ain’t bad for only a few seconds of effort.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- William H: Transcendence: More than meets the eye!
- Ronald O: What’s my favorite song from a movie? Well that’s easy, that would be …”One Two..Freddy’s coming for you…Three Four..better lock your door…Five Six…pick your kids up at six..
- Csm101: “I take viewers on an … uh, emotional ride… With this curved Samsu– I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”
- Eric H: Not the “How does Edward Scissorhands wipe?” question again.
- Chris M: If you inflated a human eye to the size of my ego it would be roughly this big.
- EM: I scream…you scream…we all scream for EYE SCREEN!!!
- David S: Not even celebrities can escape the all-seeing Eye of Sauron!
- Timcharger: Johnny Depp is such a devoted, method actor that in Fear and Loathing, he did not use the prop drugs. Take after take, dose after dose, hit after hit, he never broke character. 15 years later, he still hallucinates giant eyeballs floating around him.
NJScorpio came out strong with several very funny entries:
“Hi, I’m Johnny Depp. I’m excited to announce, this Christmas, I will be staring as Johnny…Depp….in Disney’s latest and greatest Tim Burton creation, ‘Johnny Depp Wears Eyeliner and Acts A Little Drunk’. Oh…yeah, okay guys, very funny. It seems the teleprompter guys are….what? Seriously?….
That’s Christmas, 2015, ‘Johnny Depp Wears Eyeliner and Acts A Little Drunk,’ in theaters everywhere!”
Depp second guesses entering the rap battle.
Depp clearly looks uncomfortable in his latest character’s strange and unfamiliar costume: a grey suit.
After ‘Lone Ranger’, it was time for Depp to do his requisite, 1 every 7 years, non-makeup movie.
I strongly suspect that the joke about the gray suit isn’t far off from the truth.
Congratulations to NJScorpio for winning ‘Transcendence‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.