Epson Reveals Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR
Posted Tue Sep 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The company's newest home theater 4K HDR projector has been unveiled.
Following the reveal of the Pro Cinema 4050 earlier this month, Epson has now announced another projector with the company's new proprietary 4K PRO-UHD technology. The Home Cinema 4010 is now available for $2,000 from Best Buy and other retailers.
"Epson's new Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD projector represents a new type of 4K experience for home theater projection," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "Utilizing proprietary resolution-enhancement technology, along with advanced forms of HDR and image processing, the Home Cinema 4010 produces incredible brightness, color accuracy, and image detail for the ultimate 4K experience."
Like the Pro Cinema 4050 model, the Home Cinema 4010 4K Projector features 4K PRO-UHD tech with a high performance optical engine, Epson's 15-element glass projection lens, and advanced pixel-shifting to produce 4K images (each pixel is shifted diagonally to double Full HD resolution). Unlike the 4050, however, the 4010 does not include the Pro Cinema Kit. Meanwhile, the device offers 2,400 lumens of color and white brightness, a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1, 12-bit digital processing, and HDR10 playback support at 24fps. Likewise, the unit is capable of covering the entire DCI-P3 wide color space. Finally, Full HD 3D projection support is included as well.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per Epson:
- Epson 4K PRO-UHD technology – Utilizes dedicated hardware processing to precisely control three-individual 1920 x 1080 LCD panels that accepts a maximum input resolution of 4096 x 2160. This advanced form of pixel-shifting technology produces an exceptional 4K experience, including color, brightness and resolution, that is similar to, competing home theater models claiming native 4K performance
- HDR10 High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
- Advanced 3-Chip, 3LCD Technology — sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a state-of-the-art 3-chip architecture deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
- Epson's Advanced Projection Lens — state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens displays a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
- L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — delivers 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut, the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
- 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
- Professional Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
- 100% Balanced Color and White Brightness — 2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness4 for vibrant, rich color
- Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions — 12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
- No Color Wheel — images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
Source: Epson via PR Newswire
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.