Posted Wed Aug 17, 2016 at 04:15 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Several Universal movies are now available in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
VUDU, Dolby, and Universal have announced the release of the first crop of Universal movies with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on VUDU. Universal titles now available for purchase or rental through VUDU in Dolby Vision high dynamic range include 'The Huntsman: Winter's War,' 'Lucy,' 'Oblivion,' and 'Lone Survivor.' In addition, 'Lucy' and 'Oblivion' also feature Dolby Atmos immersive audio tracks.
"We're thrilled to partner with UPHE to deliver these exciting titles with the breathtaking color, deep contrast, and striking highlights that customers have come to expect from Dolby Vision. Combined with
Dolby Vision uses HDR (high dynamic range) and expanded colors to offer enhanced contrast and picture on supported displays -- including VIZIO's 2016 P-Series and M-Series, as well as LG's 2016 OLED and SUPER UHD lineup. Meanwhile, Dolby Atmos is an immersive, object-based audio technology that allows users to add overhead audio to supported sound systems. Beyond the new VUDU titles from Universal, here's a rundown of recent Dolby Vision news and highlights across cinemas and home entertainment platforms:
- All 7 major Hollywood studios support Dolby Vision in the cinema and consumers can visit Dolby Cinema locations around the world for this experience.
- Universal Pictures, MGM, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., and Lionsgate support Dolby Vision in the home.
- Nearly 50 titles available on VUDU from Universal, MGM, and Warner Bros.
- On Amazon, 10 titles are available from Sony Pictures in addition to the second season of the Amazon Original Series Bosch.
- Netflix is streaming Marco Polo season 1&2, The Do-Over, and The Ridiculous 6 in Dolby Vision, and has committed to 150 hours of original content by end of year.
- Over 60 titles in Dolby Vision are now available for consumers via Netflix, Amazon Video and VUDU.
"At VUDU, we're committed to providing customers with the best possible home entertainment experience, and partnering with
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.