Posted Tue Jul 3, 2018 at 09:00 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The annual sales event will return on July 16 - July 17 and Countdown Deals start today!
Amazon has announced a start date for its yearly Prime Day shopping promotion. The 36-hour sale will begin on July 16 at 12pm PT/3pm ET and will run through July 17, offering more than one million exclusive deals for Prime members
"Prime members will enjoy a day (and a half) of our best deals, with 36 hours to shop more than one million deals worldwide," said
Prime Day 2018 will offer 50 percent more Spotlight Deals compared to last year's event on a variety of products across numerous categories, including TVs, smart home, kitchen, grocery, toys, fashion, furniture, appliances, and back-to-school supplies. Deals will be active for Prime Members in the US, UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
This year's event will also include the company's biggest sale yet on Alexa-enabled devices. Likewise, various brands will provide special Prime Day Launches as well with exclusive new items, content and special-edition products. In addition, Prime Day will also extend its savings to Whole Foods with an additional 10 percent off select sale items. Customers simply need to download the Whole Foods Market app and scan the Prime Code.
Meanwhile, the company is also shipping giant Smile boxes to major cities around the world, including
And to ensure users don't miss any of the upcoming deals, Amazon has put together some handy tips to help customers keep track of all the discounts and maximize their savings. Here's a rundown of tips per Amazon:
- Watch A Deal: The Amazon App ensures you never miss a deal. This is the easiest way to preview, track and shop those limited time Lightning Deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.com/watched.
- Prime Day Sneak Peek on the Amazon App: Tap the Prime Day banner within the Amazon App from July 9 – 15 for a sneak peek of select products that will have Prime Day deals.
Explore Deals By Popular Interests – Find deals organized by more than 40 of the most-shopped-for interests. From style and fashion to electronics, cooking, travel and more – discover deals that you’ll love faster.
- Alexa Shopping: Alexa makes it easy to find the best Prime Day deals. Just ask, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” Track your Prime Day orders with Alexa. Just ask “Alexa, where’s my stuff?” or set up Alexa delivery notifications in the Alexa app.
- Amazon Prime Credit Cards: Cardmembers can enjoy 5% back on all their Prime Day purchases when shopping with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card or the Amazon Prime Store Card.
And though the main event won't begin until July 16, Amazon will be offering Countdown Deals everyday leading up to the sale, starting today! Some current gear highlights include:
Echo Show - Currently $130 ($100 off MSRP)
TEWELL 37-inch Bluetooth Sound Bar - Currently $110
Likewise, Prime Member can also now take advantage of these special promotions on various services:
- Amazon Music: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands-free listening, for just
- Twitch Prime: Members can enjoy hundreds of hours of free gameplay as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through
- Kindle Unlimited and eBooks: Prime members who haven't yet tried Kindle Unlimited will have access to three months of unlimited reading for just
- Audible: Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65% off for
An Amazon Prime membership currently costs $119 per year or $13 per month. Make sure to check back with High-Def Digest over the next couple of weeks for more Amazon Prime Day Countdown Deals!
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.