|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Nim's Island' Swings to Blu-ray this Summer
Tags: Disc Announcements, Disney (all tags)
Fox has announced an August bow for the family adventure 'Nim's Island,' which will come to Blu-ray with a bevy of extras and exclusive content.
Grossing nearly $50 million at the domestic box office, the Jodie Foster-Abigail Breslin starrer is set for an August 5 bow, day-and-date with the standard DVD.
Bonus features shared across all versions include a pair of audio commentaries (with Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin on track one, and co-directors Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett on track two), a trio of featurettes ("Nim’s Friends," "Abigail’s Journey," "Working on Water"), and deleted scenes.
Exclusive to the Blu-ray is "Nim’s Spyglass," a BonusView-enabled picture-in-picture track with extensive behind-the-scenes footage and cast interviews, plus a suite of four interactive games.
Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $39.98.
You'll preliminary specs for 'Nim's Island' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under August 5.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Nim's Island (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...