Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 at 06:30 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The high-end power amplifier is now available.
Trinnov has announced the release of its latest premium audio component. The Amplitude 8 is designed for luxury home theaters.
The amplifier uses two large, linear power supplies, each with its own toroidal transformer and dedicated power cord. This allows each of the eight channels of the Amplitude 8 to deliver up to 500 watts rms at 2Ω. In addition, the amplification stage of the Amplitude 8 offers the industry’s lowest-distortion and noise specifications. Likewise, the Amplitude 8 is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Trinnov Altitude 32 AV preamp.
Here's a rundown of additional specs and features per Trinnov:
- Huge power, dynamic and bass impact
- Unparalleled clarity, resolution and musicality
- 8 channels each with 225W into 8 ohms
- Dual 4-channel design with dual power supply and 2 independent inlets
- Hypex Ncore® class D amplifier technology used in the finest audiophile monoblocks
- High-efficiency, quiet convection-cooled design
- The Amplitude 8's input level perfectly matches the output level of the Altitude 32 for optimum use of the enormous available dynamic range.
- Eight channels of the Altitude 32 can be connected to each Amplitude 8 with a single, TASCAM-standard D-Sub 25 cable, which greatly speeds the error-free wiring of a rack and simplifies both the wiring harnesses and the final dressing of the rack.
- The Amplitude 8 front panel was designed to complement the appearance of the Altitude 32 and will look magnificent in your final installation.
- A full 32-channel system including the AV preamp and all amplification requires less than 20U of rack space, yet delivers almost 10,000 watts of power at 8Ω.
Trinnov's Amplitude 8 Power Amplifier is now available for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $13,500. In addition, the device will be on display at CEDIA 2016 from September 13-17 in Dallas, Texas.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.