Posted Thu Apr 6, 2017 at 12:25 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
An update has been released for the company's UHD Android TVs.
LeEco has announced the release of a software update for its smart TV lineup, including the Super4 X65, X55, and X43 Pro, and uMax85 models. The upgraded software fixes some initial issues discovered by the LeEco UP2U community and adds several new features.
Key improvements and features include enhanced HDR support for a more realistic experience with high dynamic range content, along with HDR support for the PS4 Pro game console. Likewise, the update includes upgraded Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) feature support, allowing the LeEco remote to control CEC supported devices like the Apple TV (4th generation), Amazon Fire TV, and more.
Here's a full rundown of the update per LeEco:
· Enhanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) with improved gamma logic.
· PS4™ Pro HDR support.
· Upgraded Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) feature support.
· Simplified input selection to access TV input sources faster by holding down the source button on the LeEco remote.
· 5.1 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) channel support.
· Enhanced audio and video synchronization.
· Google security patch update and improved overall system stability.
The new software update for LeEco's 4K Ultra HD Android TV lineup is now available. An alert for the update is set to appear when a user's TV is powered on. Likewise, customers can also manually access the update from the Home screen by navigating to the System Update app. In addition, LeEco plans to add more features and improvements on a regular basis as the company continues to gather more feedback from its UP2U program.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.