Posted Wed Feb 11, 2015 at 08:32 AM PST by Brian Hoss
Get busy dying, or get busy living.
After a lengthy Early Access campaign on Steam, 'The Escapists' is ready for a full release on both the PC and Xbox One. The game tastes players with one of history's all-time great scenarios, breaking out of prison. 'The Escapists' though is much more than some kind of stealth game. Indeed players must learn how to balance the day-to-day prison life with the escape attempts, or else, be caught. Really, the game takes its cues in part from games like 'Minecraft' and 'Don't Starve,' which means crafting and experimentation are key to playing and to escaping.
The Escapists features:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds.
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Around 200 items to find, including 50+ craftable items.
'The Escpaists' will be on sale this Friday for $19.99 on the Xbox One (with a 10% off discount for Gold members). The PC version can be had now for $14.99 (order here).
You can find the latest info on 'The Escapists' linked from our Video Game Release Schedule.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.