The new earphones will go on sale this Friday.
Following a previous delay, Beats by Dre has announced a February 10 launch date for its latest audio device, the BeatsX Wireless Earphones. The earphones were originally set for release back in the fall of 2016.
"Beats has always been dedicated to delivering the best possible music listening experience," said Beats president Luke Wood. "Now that almost everything we consume in media has a sound component, superior audio playback quality is key. With our new product, we are delivering great design, innovation and sound so that you can hear everything the way the content creators imagined."
The in-ear headphones feature the new Apple W1 chip, offering easy setup and switching for Apple devices through Bluetooth, efficient battery life, and 5-minute Fast Fuel charging. In addition, the earphones use a Flex-Form cable for comfort and portability, along with four eartip size options for a personalized fit. A Siri-compatible RemoteTalk option is included as well, allowing users to take calls with an on-cable mic and play music with a remote. Finally, the BeatsX also offers optimized noise isolation.
Here's a rundown of key feature per Beats by Dre:
- Connect via Class 1 Bluetooth® with your device for wireless listening
- Up to 8 hours of battery life for when you’re on the go
- With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 2 hours of playback when battery is low
- Variety of eartip options offer personalized comfort and secure-fit wingtips provide stability
- Flex-Form cable provides all-day comfort with easy purse and pocket portability
- Authentic, clear acoustics deliver crisp sound fit for your life
- Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with RemoteTalk
The BeatsX Wireless Earphones will be available for $149.95 on February 10 through Apple’s retail stores in the US, Apple.com, and authorized resellers.