The company's newest entertainment device has been detailed.
TiVo has announced the latest addition to its TiVo BOLT series of products. The BOLT+ offers premium specs and features, including 3TB of storage and six tuners.
"With the TiVo BOLT+, our goal is to deliver the best DVR ever sold to consumers and continue to deliver a product with features that provide great value for our resell partners. The 4K TiVo BOLT+ is the all-in-one video system people have been waiting for," said Ira Bahr, general manager of TiVo retail products. "The ultimate multi-room video set up, TiVo BOLT+ eliminates some of the install hassle resellers run into including expensive matrix switchers, while providing the unified entertainment features that users have come to expect and are excited about."
The BOLT+ is a unified entertainment system with several updates and improvements over its predecessors, including a new black chassis, 3TB of recording space for up to 450 hours of HD video, and six tuners for recording six shows at once. Likewise, the device offers support for streaming, cable box, DVR, and PLEX capabilities, along with 4K Ultra HD playback.
Beyond the expanded storage and additional tuners, here's a rundown of returning features also found in the standard BOLT:
- 4K: Connect TiVo BOLT+ to a 4K TV and stream content in ultra-high-definition resolution with spectacular, eye-popping color and detail.
- SkipMode: Skip commercial breaks of recorded shows with the press of a single button.
- QuickMode: Watch recordings 30 percent faster with pitch-corrected audio.
- OnePass™: Consolidate all episodes of favorite shows via cable, and internet video services such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Instant Video,2 creating a universal watchlist across all providers.
- OneSearch™: Search across local channels and internet video services to find which shows are available and where they can be viewed.
- Remote Access: Watch live TV and recorded shows from a tablet or smartphone anywhere in the home, as well as download or stream shows to watch out of the home and on the go.
The new TiVO Bolt+ will be available for a suggested retail price of $500 starting September 15. In addition, the device will be on display at TiVo's both during CEDIA 2016 in Dallas, Texas from September 13-17.