Posted Thu Sep 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The streaming service is now available through more platforms.
Shout! Factory has announced the arrival of Shout! Factory TV on the Apple TV. The digital entertainment service is a free-to-consumer ad-supported streaming platform that provides a curated library of cult TV shows, movies, comedy, original specials and more. In addition, a new commercial-free subscription plan through Amazon Channels has also been announced.
Shout! Factory TV includes over 2,500 hours of content selected from Shout! Factory, Westchester Films, Timeless Media Group, Scream Factory, major studios, independent producers and other sources from around the world. The free ad-supported app is now available through the Apple TV. In addition, a new SVOD subscription plan is now available for Amazon Prime members through Amazon Channels for $2.99 per month. This option offers unlimited access to thousands of hours of film and television content commercial-free.
Here's a more detailed rundown of Shout! Factory TV programming per the press release:
- Television series including Mystery Science Theater 3000, Father Knows Best, Route 66, Home Movies, Weird Al Show, and Thunderbirds
- Movies such as Death of a Salesman, A Night in Casablanca, Stagecoach, Quadrophenia, Kenny Roger’s The Gambler trilogy, Casino Jack, Holy Motors, Day of the Dead, Steven Souza’s Arnold Wrecking Company, Jackie Chan movies, Godzilla films, the Werner Herzog Collection, and Roger Corman’s cult classics
- Documentaries including The Decline of Western Civilization and The Night James Brown Saved Boston
- Variety shows such as The Dick Cavett Show, Fridays, and The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour
- Standup comedy performances from Steve Martin, Kathy Griffin, and Jeff Garlin and more
- Live streaming events such as the award-winning MST3K Turkey Day Marathon, Power Morphicon Live, and Super Sentai Marathon
- Themed programming stunts such as VHS Vault and Love is in the Scare
- Original series such as Backlot and MDA Telethon Presents
- Films with director commentary including Kentucky Fried Movie and A Boy and his Dog
In addition to the Apple TV and Amazon Channels, Shout! Factory TV is also available through Roku players, Amazon Fire devices, Samsung Smart TVs, and web browsers at ShoutFactoryTV.com. Live streaming is viewable through Pluto TV channel 515 as well.
Source: Shout! Factory TV
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.