Posted Thu Mar 17, 2016 at 03:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two new AV receiver models with immersive audio support have been revealed.
Pioneer has detailed the latest additions to its home audio lineup. The upcoming LX301 & LX101 Elite Network Receivers will be available in April.
The LX301 is a 7.2 channel receiver with 170 W/ch. Meanwhile, the LX101 is a 7.2 channel receiver with 140 W/ch. Both models also incorporate Pioneer's Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) and Phase Control.
More features for both receivers include:
- Support Dolby Atmos and are DTS:X-ready via a firmware update scheduled for this fall.
- Reflex Optimizer enables you to enjoy Dolby Atmos 3D surround sound without having overhead speakers.
- Both receivers support 4K/60p/4:4:4 24-bit video signal transmission with HDCP 2.2 technology.
- Wireless connectivity includes GoogleCast, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi as well as FireConnect™ a wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—on optional FireConnect compatible speakers in other rooms. (Future firmware required. Multi-Room Audio requires Optional Future FireConnect compatible Pioneer 2016 WiFi Speaker. We do not guarantee that the AV Receiver will support all devices incorporating FireConnect.)
- Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including Pandora®, Spotify®, TuneIn, TIDAL, and DEEZER. (Future firmware required for TIDAL and DEEZER. DEEZER not available in US.)
- In addition to high-resolution sound source (192kHz / 24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF and Apple lossless file formats, DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) and Dolby® TrueHD® files are also supported.
- Beginning April 1, all 2016 Elite AV receivers will enjoy a three-year warranty.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.