The company's newest Elite receiver model is now available for pre-order.
Pioneer has detailed the latest addition to its Elite line of AV receivers. The new VSX-LX503 9.2-Channel AV Receiver is now available for pre-order for $999 (MSRP $1,099) through Amazon.
The VSX-LX503 is rated for 120W (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, THD 0.08%, 2-ch driven, FTC) and features 9.2 channel support for 5.2.4 and 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X speaker layouts. Likewise, the unit offers 11.2-channel pre-outs for 7.2.4 configurations with an external stereo amp. In addition, the receiver uses direct Energy amplification, a quad-core 32-bit chip, Aureus floating-point DSP chip, and a high-grade 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (AK4458) produced by AKM. 4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, BT.2020, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision video passthrough are supported as well via HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI connections. Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FlareConnect, DTS Play-Fi, and Chromecast built-in connectivity are all included as well.
Finally, the VSX-LX503 also features "Works with Sonos" certification, allowing the receiver to integrate into a user's existing Sonos ecosystem with a Sonos Connect. When the receiver is paired to a Sonos Connect, customers can send any music or source from the Sonos app to the unit. Likewise, users can group their receiver to other Sonos devices on the network.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per Pioneer:
- Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
- Powered Zone 2/Zone 3 Audio
- Supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals
- 120 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven, FTC)
- 230 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- 2 x 12 V trigger outputs, IR input, and IR output
- RS-232C-compliant with IP control for PC setup and home automation
- Assignable component and composite video inputs
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-/line outputs
Amazon pre-orders for the VSX-LX503 9.2-Channel AV Receiver are scheduled to go out by June 17.