Posted Thu Feb 9, 2017 at 05:30 AM PST by Steven Cohen
The new premium speaker is designed to deliver excellent clarity and audio precision.
Panasonic has detailed its new Technics branded Grand Class SB-G90 Floor-Standing Speaker. The model builds upon the linear-phase, point sound source speaker system, offering a wide sound field.
The floor-standing speaker features Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture to help reduce distortion and unwanted vibrations. In addition, the unit uses newly developed two-way coaxial cone units (including mid-range and tweeter). The 25-mm phase precision tweeter and two 16-cm low-distortion, long-stroke woofers are capable of sound reproduction in a wide frequency range of 27 Hz to 100 kHz.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per the press release:
Emotive Acoustic Technology
- Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture
- Point Sound Source Speaker System
- Wide Range & Low Distortion Reproduction
- Phase Precision Driver (Coaxial 2-way Speaker Unit)
- 16-cm Low Distortion Long Stroke Woofer
- High Rigidity Cabinet
- High Quality Network Circuit
Technics Definitive Design
- Black High Gloss Finish
- Magnet Fixed Fabric Grille
Dimension (W x H x D)
- 302 x 1114 x 375 mm (11-7/8 x 43-27/32 x 14-3/4 Inch) *Including Net and Terminals with Spike
- Approx. 32kg (Approx. 71lbs) /pc
- 3-Way 4 Speakers Bass Reflex (Including Coaxial 2-Way for Midrange and Tweeter)
- Speaker Unit: Woofer: 16cm (6-1/2") Cone Type x2 Midrange/Tweeter: Coaxial, 16cm (6-1/2") Cone Type x1 / 2.5cm (1") Dome Type x1
- Crossover Frequencies: 480Hz, 3.2kHz
- Frequency Range: 27Hz - 100kHz (-16dB), 32Hz - 85kHz (-10dB)
- Sound Pressure Level: 88dB /2.83V (m)
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Input power (IEC): 100W (Rated), 200W (Max)
- Recommended Amp. Power: 40-150W (Rated)
Pricing and availability for the Grand Class SB-G90 Floor-Standing Speaker have not been announced yet.
Source: Panasonic via PR Newswire
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.