The new smart speaker will be available in October.
Onkyo has unveiled its newest home audio device. The upcoming Smart Speaker G3 is set to launch next month for an MSRP of $299.
The G3 is Onkyo's first speaker to include support for Google Assistant, enabling users to control playback, ask questions, and enjoy online shopping through voice commands. Likewise, the platform also offers compatibility with several home automation apps for voice activated smart device control. In addition, the G3 includes Chromecast built-in with multi-room music streaming capabilities, allowing customers to stream audio from integrated services like Google Play Music and TuneIn from the G3 to separate Chromecast built-in speakers, AV systems, and hi-fi components in any room. Meanwhile, music from Chromecast built-in enabled apps on iOS and Android mobile devices, Windows PC, Mac, and Chromebook can also be streamed to wireless speakers, sound bars, AVRs, and hi-fi systems by tapping the "cast" icon. The G3 features a wooden acoustic-suspension enclosure, along with an 80 mm pressed-pulp diaphragm woofer and a 20 mm soft-dome tweeter.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per Onkyo:
• Google Assistant built-in
• Comes with Chromecast built-in for voice-automated media streaming to Chromecast-enabled
speakers and other audio and A/V systems
• Voice control for home automation with compliant devices
• Crafted for premium high-fidelity sound by expert Onkyo engineers
• Non-resonant computer-modeled wood enclosure with gloss finish
• Robust and stylish baffle grille for protection
• Custom woofer with massive magnet and soft-dome tweeter for deep bass, rich mid-range,
and clear high-frequency sound
• Efficient and powerful switching amplification system with noise reduction technology
• 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® for stable audio streaming
• Plays music from popular music-on-demand network services
• Simple setup with the Google Home app for iPhone, iPad, Android™ devices and Chromebook,
Mac, and Windows® PC
• Plug-and-play connection