Posted Fri Mar 25, 2016 at 12:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
The Netflix Recommended TV criteria has been updated for 2016.
Netflix has announced new criteria and faster performance thresholds for its Netflix Recommended TV designation. Displays that meet the requirements are eligible to receive the Netflix Recommended TV logo, ensuring a superior smart TV experience. In addition, the company has now expanded the evaluation program around the world.
2016 requirements have been updated with more stringent criteria. To receive the Netflix Recommended status, TVs must pass at least 5 out of 7 of the below criteria:
- TV instant on: Your TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away.
- TV resume: Your TV remembers what you were doing and wakes to the same place as when it was turned off.
- Latest Netflix version: Your TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with the newest features.
- Fast app launch: Start Netflix quickly after you turn on your TV.
- Fast app resume: Video resumes instantly when returning to Netflix from other apps or channels.
Ease of Access
- Netflix button: Start your TV and launch Netflix with the press of a single button.
- Easy Netflix icon access: Netflix is prominent and easy to access on your TV.
Current recipients of the 2016 Netflix Recommended TV status include 2016 LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 3.0 and 2016 Sony Android 4K UHD TVs. Here's a full list of 2016 Netflix Recommended TV models:
LG - UH6300 series, UH6500 series, UH7500 series, UH8500 series, UH9500 series, G6 series
Sony - X85D series, X93D series, X94D series
A current Netflix subscription starts at $10 for HD streaming and $12 for Ultra HD streaming.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.