Posted Fri Jul 1, 2016 at 11:30 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The company's latest full size AV receiver has been detailed.
Marantz has announced the newest addition to its home audio lineup. The SR5011 Network AV Receiver will be available later this month for a suggested retail price of $899.
The SR5011 is a 7.2 channel receiver with integrated Dolby Atmos support and future DTS:X support through an upcoming firmware upgrade, allowing for up to 5.1.2 immersive audio setups. In addition, the device is designed with high-grade audio components and the company's own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module). Likewise, the unit offers Audyssey MultEQ XT calibration, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specs for 4K high dynamic range content. High-res audio support is also included various formats. Here's a full rundown of features per the press release:
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 100W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, THD: 0.08%)
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Analogue to HDMI conversion and SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Network Audio Streaming
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 7.2ch Pre-out; RS232 Control
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- ISF video calibration
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
In addition to the new SR5011 Network AV Receiver, Marantz also recently released the NR1607 Ultra Slim AV Receiver ($699).
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.