Posted Tue May 22, 2018 at 06:15 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
The new receivers feature space-saving designs.
"Marantz has a legacy of providing absolute top-notch audio solutions for consumers who value sound quality, visual clarity, ease-of-use and beauty above all else," said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz. "The latest slimline network receivers continue to embody this tradition of excellence. Putting audio and video quality first, both receivers are packed with power and the latest video technologies. We’ve also added HEOS for multiroom wireless chops and Amazon Alexa support to easily control content with your voice."
The NR1509 features 5.2-channel support while the NR1609 offers 7.2-channel support along with the addition of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback. Both models include 4K/60 Hz video pass-through with 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR10, BT.2020, Dolby Vision, and HLG capabilities. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity are included as well, and the receivers offer integrated HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology.
Here's a full rundown of features per Marantz:
NR1609 & 1509 Features
- NR1509 boasts a 5-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 6 HDMI inputs—including one input on the front panel—and one HDMI output with full HDCP 2.2, ARC and CEC support
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR10 and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- NR1509 supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio surround formats
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz—plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks via networking and front USB
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Works with Amazon Alexa via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Stream Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and many others via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app
- Integrated Phono input to connect turntables
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna)
- Commercial Integrator support; including IP control, Control 4 SDDP, Web UI, Works with Domotz Pro and Ihiji Invision for remote room monitoring and management, Remote In/Out, Flasher Input
- NR1609 boasts a 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 8 HDMI inputs—including one input on the front panel—and one HDMI output with full HDCP 2.2 ARC and CEC support
- Supports object-based audio formats Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, as well as DTS Virtual:X height virtualization technology only with floor speakers
- Analog to HDMI up-conversion, 1080p to 4K upscaling capability, Picture Adjustment
- Commercial Integrator support; including IP control, Control 4 SDDP, Web UI, Works with Domotz Pro and Ihiji Invision for remote room monitoring and management, Remote In/Out, Flasher Input, Zone 2 preouts, ISF image calibration
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.