Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The new receiver features a slim design and immersive audio support.
Marantz has announced the launch of its 2015 home theater lineup with the NR1607 Ultra Slim AV Receiver. Geared toward space conscious users, the receiver offers a compact design without sacrificing performance.
The NR1607 is a 7.2 channel network AV receiver that measures barely 4 inches high. The unit uses high current discrete power amplifiers and offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, Dolby Atmos support is built in, and the receiver will support DTS:X through a future firmware update scheduled for September 2016. Likewise, HDMI 2.0a connections with HDCP 2.2 compliancy are integrated as well, allowing full rate 4K Ultra HD video with 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Wide Color Gamut compatibility, 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass through on every input. Finally, the unit also supports high res audio playback, including DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV files.
Here's a full rundown of features:
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel at 8ohm, 20-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- Enough power to fill medium size rooms from a small cabinet with renowned Marantz sound
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Plenty of inputs for your Blu-ray Player, game console and more
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD/HD 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Network Audio Streaming
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- High Resolution audio streaming for Hi-Fi enthusiasts
- Watch a movie in the home theater and listen to music in another room
- Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Delivering perfect equalization for your individual room
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Unprecedented level of command and control
- ISF video calibration
- Ready for professional calibration of home theater TVs or projectors
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
The NR1607 Ultra Slim AV Receiver will be available in May for a suggested retail price of $699.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.