The company's latest flagship mobile device has been revealed.
LG has unveiled its newest smartphone. The G6 serves as the successor to last year's G5 and offers several new features and HDR support.
"The LG G6 offers users new visual and manual experiences, as it marries an expanded screen with the convenience of one-handed use," said Juno Cho, president of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "LG will continue to lead smartphone innovation with a focus on convenience and reliability in order to exceed consumer expectations."
The G6 features a 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display with a resolution of 2,880 x 1,440. In addition, the screen uses an 18:9 screen aspect ratio for a more immersive experience -- a first for a smartphone. Likewise, the device has been designed for single-handed ease of use. HDR10 and Dolby Vision support have been integrated as well, allowing for high dynamic range playback from streaming services like Amazon and Netflix.
Here's a full rundown of specs per LG:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821 Processor
- Display: 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB or 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual Camera: 13MP Wide (F2.4 / 125°) / 13MP Standard OIS 2.0 (F1.8 / 71°)
- Front Camera: 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 100°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White
- Other: Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / UX 6.0 / Dolby Vision™ / HDR10 /Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0 / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
Pricing and availability for the LG G6 have not been announced yet.