Posted Thu Oct 8, 2015 at 11:00 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The company is offering big discounts on its OLED displays.
LG has announced an aggressive price cut for its OLED TV lineup. In an effort to bring the technology to the mainstream market, the manufacturer is enacting a 30 - 45% price reduction for its flat EF9500 series and curved EG9600 series 4K Ultra HD OLED TVs. In addition, the company is also releasing the new 55EG9100 1080p curved-screen OLED for just $1,999!
"OLED TV is not just a new TV — it's an entirely new category of television that delivers what experts and consumers alike are hailing as the best picture ever, a clear indication that OLED is here to stay," said William Cho, President and CEO, LG Electronics USA. "LG is the first and only manufacturer to deliver OLED TV to U.S. consumers, and our vision is to make this revolutionary technology more attainable by more consumers at prices comparable to many LED TV models on the market."
OLED technology offers superior contrast, black levels, uniformity, and viewing angles over traditional LCD panels. Though the tech was once notorious for its high costs and low yield rates, LG has now made significant stride in manufacturing efficiency, allowing them to now price their sets comparably to many of today’s premium LCD/LED TVs. Here's a rundown of the current LG OLED pricing, including instant rebates which will remain in effect for the rest of the year:
EF9500 Series: Flat OLED 4K Ultra HD TVs with HDR (Streaming & External)
· 55-inch class 55EF9500 (New net price – $2,999) - Price move from $5,499 to $3,999, and a $1,000 instant rebate.
· 65-inch class 65EF9500 (New net price – $4,999) - Price move from $6,999 to $5,999, and a $1,000 instant rebate.
EG9600: Art Slim Curved OLED 4K TVs with HDR (Streaming)
· 55-inch class 55EG9600 (New net price – $2,999) - Price move from $5,499 to $3,999 and a $1000 instant rebate.
· 65-inch class 65EG9600 (New net price – $4,999) - Price move from $6,999 to $5,999 and a $1000 instant rebate.
55EG9100: Full HD Curved OLED TV
· New 55-inch class 55EG9100 (Net price – $1,999) - Priced at $2,499, with an instant rebate of $500, starting week of Oct. 18.
55EC9300: Full HD Curved OLED TV
· Current 55-inch class 55EC9300 is now available at the record-low price of $1,799 while supplies last.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.