Posted Thu Jul 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
The high performance passive sound bar is now available.
Klipsch has announced the release of its latest Heritage series audio device. The new Heritage Theater Bar blends classic design with modern tech.
The sound bar features three channel support with left, center, and right channels. With that said, this is a passive speaker device so users will need a separate amplifier or receiver to power it. Under the hood, the sound bar uses Tractrix horn technology and titanium tweeters. The standard model measures 49.5" wide making it an ideal match for 55-inch TVs. In addition, customized versions are also available with width options up to 80", four furniture-grade wood veneer finishes, raw and primed for paint versions, and a choice of four removable grille cloth types.
Here's a full rundown of key specs per Klipsch:
- Black Ash/Walnut Real-Wood Finishes
- Low-Profile Wall-Mounting System
- Exclusive 90x90 Tractrix® Horn-Loaded Technology
- Three 3/4" Linear Travel Suspension Tweeters
- Six 4" Cerametallic™ Woofers
- 49.5" Wide
- Passive Speakers (Amplifier/Receiver Required)
- Frequency Response: 95Hz – 20kHz +/- 3 dB, -10db @ 75Hz
- Sensitivity: 92dB @ 2.83V/1M
- Maximum Continuous Output: 108 dB (114 dB peak)
- Power Handling (NOM./PEAK): 75W / 300 W
- Rec. Amplifier Power: 50W – 150W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover: 2,800 Hz
The standard 49.5" Klipsch Heritage Bar is now available for an MSRP of $2,199 in an American Walnut or Satin Black Ash wood veneer finish and a black knit grille cloth. Meanwhile, custom models from 49.5" to 65" run $2,699, and custom models from 65.1" to 80" cost $2,999.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.