Posted Wed Jun 29, 2016 at 11:00 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
You're going to need a pretty big living room.
Is your 65-inch OLED Ultra HD TV just not big enough? Well, why don't you upgrade to a floor-to-ceiling IMAX home theatre system? I mean, it only costs a measly $400,000 for the basic setup -- a small price to pay for the gift of larger-than-life entertainment!
IMAX is now offering deep-pocketed customers the option to have their very own, very large private theatres. The IMAX Private Theatre Palais is a decidedly luxurious home theater solution that transports the immersive IMAX entertainment experience to the comfort of a user's home with the first turn-key home entertainment system from a holistic source, offering a complete audio/visual package with a giant screen, 4K playback, 3D, Blu-ray, proprietary sound, and more. The $400,000 "Palais" option is designed to accommodate home theatres up to 75 square meters in size with room for 7 to 18 guests. And if that's not enough, the step-up "Platinum" system can house up to 40 audience members for a cool $1 million. In addition to standard playback sources, customers will also have the option to purchase a secure set-top box (about $10,000) to rent and download new release titles directly to their fancy home theatres.
Here's a full rundown of IMAX Private Theatre Palais features:
- Dual 4K 2D/3D projectors
- Daily picture and sound calibration to ensure optimal quality of presentation
- Immersive IMAX® floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall screen
- Proprietary IMAX® sound system
- Complete HD multi-media system including HD television, Blu-ray™, DVD, CD, gaming and karaoke
- Exclusive theater design by Theo Kalomirakis
- User friendly touch-screen control pad with dedicated control system
- World-class after-sales service and 24/7 remote monitoring support
IMAX is now expanding sales of its Private Theatre systems into North America and Europe.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.