Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 at 06:45 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
The company's latest premium projector model has been detailed.
Epson has announced its newest home theater projector. The Pro Cinema LS10500 uses 3LCD Reflective laser technology and accepts 4K UHD input.
"Building off the success of Epson's Pro Cinema LS10000, Epson's next-generation 4KE laser projector adds HDR support to display an extraordinary range of brightness, shadow and color that's unlike anything you've seen," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "Epson continues its commitment to manufacturing premium, optimally priced solutions, and the LS10500 integrates the most advanced technology developed by Epson's global research and development teams."
The projector offers 1,500 lumens of color brightness and 1,500 lumens of white brightness to create an Absolute Black contrast ratio. Likewise, the device can display the full sRGB color gamut, even in the brightest mode, as well as the entire DCI color gamut (Digital Cinema Mode only). In addition, the projector supports HDR and is capable of playing 4K UHD content through Epson's 4K Enhancement technology. This feature allows the 1080p projector to shift each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution and surpass Full HD image quality (resolution remains 1920 x 1080 in 3D Mode).
Here's a full rundown of key features per the press release:
- 4K Enhancement Technology – Accepts 4K input and supports HDCP 2.2 for truly immersive 4K UHD content
- HDR Compatible – Displays an expanded range of contrast and color for images bursting with real-life detail for truly immersive entertainment
- Expansive Color Gamut – Brilliant, color-rich performance that displays the entire DCI color space, the digital cinema standard
- High-Performance Pro Cinema Lens – Optimized for 4K performance and precision
- Instant on and Instant Off – The LS10500 reaches maximum brightness and turns off nearly instantly
- ISF Calibration Tools – ISF Certified calibration tools and lockable memory modes ensure accurate performance and provides lockable memory modes
- 3LCD Technology – Provides vivid images with high Color Light Output and fast performance for smoother, crisper pictures
Epson's Pro Cinema LS10500 will be available this fall for an MSRP of $7,999. The projector is currently on display at the company's CEDIA 2016 booth in Dallas, Texas.
Source: Epson via PR Newswire
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.