Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 at 10:30 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two more projector models with 4K signal input and HDR have been detailed.
"These new projectors are a breakthrough in projection technology, engineered to handle 4K UHD content for under $3,000," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "With HDR support, it's easier than ever for consumers to enjoy the latest content with high dynamic range to create an amazing cinematic experience."
The projectors are the first 3LCD models with 4K UHD signal input and high dynamic range (HDR) support. Both projectors offer HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 compatibility, and both units feature 4K Enhancement Technology to shift each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels, effectively doubling their Full HD resolution to 3840 x 2160 (resolution remains 1080p in 3D Mode). Likewise, the projectors provide support for the full sRGB color space, even in the brightest mode, along with the entire DCI color gamut in Digital Cinema Mode. Color brightness and white brightness are each rated for 2,500 lumens, and the projectors offer up to a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. Finally, the Home Cinema 5040UBe also allows users to wirelessly stream 4K, HDR and Full HD 1080p content with WirelessHD.
Here's a full rundown of additional features per the press release:
- Powered Lens Position Memory: Preset up to 10 positions for zoom, focus and lens shift for both standard and wide cinema ratios
- Installation Flexibility: Equipped with a wide range of lens shift capabilities, including a super-wide range of up to ± 96.3 percent on the vertical axis and ±47.1 percent on the horizontal axis
- Image Enhancement Features: Super-resolution delivers defined edges and rich image quality, making content come alive; Detail Enhancement refines surface detail for true-to-life images; users can adjust levels of sharpness and detail enhancement
- New Optical Engine: Non-inverting optical engine design utilizes an additional high-quality relay lens for Epson's best color field uniformity to date
- Frame Interpolation: Generates multiple new frames between the originals, reducing motion blur and providing a smoother, theater-like experience
- Auto Iris Technology: Adjusts the aperture to provide the optimum contrast and brightness for each scene
- Centered Lens Design: Makes installation easy to plan and carry out with simpler lens-to-screen alignment
- Color Brightness Specification: Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors
The new Home Cinema projectors are now on display at Epson's booth #116 at CE Week June 21-23 in New York City. The company also recently announced two new Pro Cinema Projectors with HDR and 4K content support.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.