The acclaimed documentary from filmmaker Brook Silva-Braga is planned for Blu-ray at the end of the month.
In an early announcement to retailers, Earthchild Productions will release 'The China Question' is coming to Blu-ray on June 28.
What does China’s rise mean for America? Through the stories of ordinary people and analysis from the world’s leading experts including Niall Ferguson, Wu Jianmin, Orville Schell, and Susan Shirk, 'The China Question' explores the challenge America faces as China becomes the world’s second superpower.
To understand the economic, political and moral implications of China’s rise, filmmaker Brook Silva-Braga spent over a year traveling both China and America. On a thoughtful, personal journey we meet Chinese and Americans dealing with extraordinary change and reflect on the twists of fate and history that brought us here.
- Niall Ferguson, renowned economic historian
- Susan Shirk, former State Department official and author of “China: Fragile Superpower”
- Orville Schell, Director of the Asia Society's U.S.- China Center
- Barry Naughton, author of “The Chinese Economy”
- Wu Jianmin, former Chinese ambassador to U.N.
- Cui Zhiyuan, a leading member of China’s New Left
- Yasheng Huang, author of “Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics”
- Yan Xuetong, one of Foreign Policy’s ‘Top 100 Public Intellectuals’
Specs have yet to be revealed, but supplements include over one hour of deleted scenes and extended interviews.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $19.98.
You can find the latest specs for 'The China Question' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under June 28.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The China Question (Blu-ray)