Posted Fri May 13, 2016 at 02:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two new receiver models with immersive audio support have been detailed.
Denon has unveiled the latest additions to its X-Series lineup of AV receivers. The new AVR-X1300W ($599) and AVR-X2300W ($799) are both 7.2 channel models with Dolby Atmos and future DTS:X support. Likewise, both receivers include 4K video passthrough with HDCP 2.2 compliancy and HDR playback, along with high-res audio support.
Here's a full rundown of notable features and specs:
AVR-X1300W ($599) - Key Features
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver, 80W per channel at 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth®
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- 6 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- AirPlay®, Internet Radio, Pandora®*, Spotify Connect®*, SiriusXM™*, DLNA® 1.5*
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant
- Denon 2016 AVR Remote App
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
AVR-X2300W ($799) - Additional Features
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver, 95W per channel at 8 ohms,20-20kHz, 0.08%THD
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling for HDMI sources
- ISF video calibration
- 3rd Party control option; RS232C Port
The AVR-X1300W ($599) and AVR-X2300W ($799) are both now available for pre-order through Amazon. Shipments are expected to begin on May 18.
In addition, Denon also recently released two new S-Series receivers: the AVR-S720W ($479) and AVR-S920W ($579). Both models are 7.2 channel units with integrated support for Dolby Atmos and future support for DTS:X via an upcoming firmware update.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.