Posted Thu May 18, 2017 at 02:00 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Two new 7.2 channel AV receivers have been revealed.
Denon has unveiled the latest additions to its IN-Command X Series AV Receiver lineup. The new 5th generation models include the AVR-X2400H ($799) and AVR-X1400H ($599). Both are set to start shipping this month.
The AVR-X2400H and AVR-X1400H both offer 7.2 channels along with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback. In addition, full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through is featured as well. Likewise, each device uses high-precision Audyssey MultEQ setup and optimization along with support for the new Audyssey MultEQ Editor app. HEOS multi-room wireless music streaming tech is also integrated, and connectivity options include Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Apple AirPlay, offering a wide variety of music playback options through network attached storage devices (NAS),TuneIn Internet Radio, and streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, Sirius XM, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster and Deezer.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features for each model per the press release...
· 7.2 channel AV Receiver with 95W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD)
· Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology integration
· 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
· 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatible, HDR, HLG (via firmware update) and BT.2020
· Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling for HDMI sources
· Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X decoding
· AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio and a wide range of streaming services including Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, Sirius XM, Sound Cloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer, Network Audio Streaming
· DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
· Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
· Audyssey MultEQ Editor app support (available for $20 US in the Appstores)
· Setup Assistant, Denon 2016 AVR Remote app
· Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
· 3rd Party control option; IP control, IR remote in/out and RS232C port
Denon AVR-X1400H – same as AVR-X2400H, except:
· 7.2 channel AV Receiver with 80W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD)
· 6 HDMI inputs / 1 output
· No Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling
· n/a RS-232c port
· n/a IR remote out
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.