Posted Sat Dec 3, 2016 at 09:45 AM PST by Steven Cohen
Basketball fans can catch the first live 4K broadcast of an NBA game in the US at 7 p.m. MT/9 p.m. ET on DirecTV.
AT&T and NBA TV have announced plans to offer tonight's Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz NBA Game live in Ultra HD through DirecTV. The telecast follows previous 4K test broadcasts by the NBA, and marks the first live Ultra HD broadcast of an NBA game in the United States.
"The 4K UHD experience on DIRECTV combines the excitement of the arena and the convenience of the living room," said Dan York, Chief Content Officer, AT&T Entertainment Group. "Live sports is one of the best ways to showcase this incredibly vivid format and we believe NBA fans will love this unique video experience."
The game will be broadcast in 4K Ultra HD on DirecTV tonight, December 3, at 7 p.m. MT/9 p.m. ET. In order to enjoy the 4K broadcast, DirecTV customers will need:
- DIRECTV ULTIMATE Package or higher, 4K account authorization and professional installation
- DIRECTV's latest Genie HD DVR (HR54)
- Either a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV or a compatible 4K TV connected to the latest 4K Genie Mini
Beyond tonight's Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz matchup, DirecTV plans to announce additional 4K Ultra HD NBA broadcasts in the future. And outside of traditional satellite service, the company also recently launched its new DirecTV Now streaming TV platform. The service offers live sports, on demand content, premium channels, popular shows, and hit movies through various supported tablets, smartphones, media players, and TVs. Here's a rundown of current plans:
- Live a Little – $35 / month (60+ channels)
- Just Right – $50 / month (80+ channels)
- Go Big – $60 / month (100+ channels)
- Gotta Have it – $70 / month (120+ channels)
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.