Posted Fri Jul 1, 2016 at 02:00 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
The special Amazon Prime sales event is being held on July 12.
Amazon has announced its second annual Prime Day promotion. The sales event will offer more than 100,000 deals worldwide exclusively for Prime members.
"Prime Day is a unique opportunity to discover new items and great deals, on top of our already low prices. Following last year's record sales, we have dramatically increased the inventory behind many deals. In fact, in the U.S. we have nearly double the TV units compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined," said
Prime members in the US will be able to start shopping Prime Day deals at
Here's a rundown of additional details for Prime Day 2016:
- Deals are Everywhere: Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries.
- Lots of TVs: The deal inventory of TVs in the U.S. will be nearly 2x than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Toys All Day: Members in the U.S. will find toy deals nearly all day on Prime Day.
- Watch-A-Deal: Readily track and shop any deal while at home or on-the-go with the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.com/watched.
- Sort by Category: Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- Alexa Specials: There will be benefits to being an owner of an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap on Prime Day.
- More Sellers: Twice as many small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
- More to Watch: Members will find unbelievable deals on some of today’s top rated TV series and popular blockbuster films to rent or purchase and instantly stream on Amazon Video.
- Tips and Tricks: Find helpful advice on how to shop on Prime Day at amazon.com/primeday
An Amazon Prime membership currently costs $99 per year or $11 per month.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.