|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Westinghouse Will Debut 50, 55, 65 and 110 Inch UHDTVs
All of these new sets are due out in the first quarter of 2013.
Westinghouse TVs tend to be less about quality and more about economy, but it looks like they're making an effort to attract the high-end crowd. The company is making not only the 110 inch UHDTV we already knew about, but 50, 55 and 65 inch sets as well, all sized to fit the average living room. They're also sized to fit through your door, unlike their big brother.
"Our new UHDTV lineup, and the value that it offers to consumers, will change expectations across the entire TV marketplace," says Westinghouse VP Ray Rourke. "We believe that consumers will be amazed by the experience they can expect from these displays and delighted with the affordability."
There are two big things that we're waiting to find out about these sets and the first, of course, is how good they look. If Westinghouse pulled out the stops on these sets, they could be contenders for some that want to get into 4K. Price is the other detail we need. A low priced 4K set could start getting people interested, even if it's not the top of the line.
Source: Electronic House
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...