|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Universal to Bring 'Doom' to Blu-ray this February
Tags: Disc Announcements, Universal (all tags)
Universal is bringing the hit videogame adaptation 'Doom' to Blu-ray this February.
Previously released on HD DVD in late 2006, Universal has set a February 10 date for the $60 million-grossing, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson-starrer. (There it will join another recently-announced title starring Johnson, 'The Rundown.')
Tech specs will see a BD-50 dual-layer presentation with 1080p video and a DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround track.
Supplements will equal the HD DVD version, including six featurettes ("Basic Training," "Rock Formation," "Master Monster Makers," "First Person Shooter Sequence," "Doom Nation," "Game On!") and a "PlayStation 3 Controller Static User Guide."
The disc will also come BD-Live enabled, with a "Director's Chat" feature. access to a download center, and My Scenes Sharing.
Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $34.95.
You'll find the latest specs for 'Doom' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under February 10.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...