|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
3net Will Launch the First 4K TV Series
Tags: 3net, UHDTV, 4K (all tags)
The folks behind the first 24 hour 3D channel will be going UHD.
3net is a channel that caters specifically to early adopters. Its first customers were the folks that jumped on 3D TVs when they first launched. There wasn't much in terms of content right off the bat, but 3net was there to provide it.
The Sony/Discovery/IMAX joint venture is now going to be kicking things up to UHD with both live action and animated projects presented in native 4K. Among these is a show called 'Space' which will be presented in 3D 4K, 2D 4K, 3D 2K, 3D HD and 2D HD – 3net is referring to that as TotalD. The show will showcase, well, space, and is the first series to be made specifically with 4k in mind.
"Today’s announcement marks an important first step in our ongoing mission to meet the increasing global demand for high-quality, original 3D and 4K television content head on," says CEO Tom Cosgrove. "We’re proud of the diverse initial slate of live-action and animated series we have created and look forward to expanding it as 3net Studios finalizes its full 2013 development schedule."
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Office: Season Nine' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'The Muppet Movie: The Original Classic – The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition' Dated for Blu-ray
- Poll: What Did You Think of 'Star Trek into Darkness'?
- 'Solomon Kane' Blu-ray Announced
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- More High-Def Disc News...