|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
TiVo Premiere Gets Another Performance Update
Tags: TiVo, Pandora (all tags)
The promised Pandora music service is still nowhere to be found.
Letting your friends know about the burger you just ate is one of the many uses of Twitter. In a more practical sense, it's a fantastic way to get information. Thanks to tweets between a few frustrated customers and Tivo's VP of User Experience Margret Schmidt, we've now got a release date estimate for the next TiVo Premiere update.
In response to a customer complaining of the system freezing up, Margaret said "I suggest a reboot for now," adding that they "anticipate releasing an update in the next two weeks." That was on June 28th, after a similar answer on June 21st.
So it sounds like we can expect an update that will boost performance and increase stability of TiVo's new hardware sometime in mid July. As far as the Pandora service – which was promised at launch – there's no word yet.
Source: Zat's Not Funny
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...