|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
TiVo Email Data Compromised in Security Breach
Tags: TiVo (all tags)
According to TiVo, only email and names have been exposed.
If you subscribe to email updates from TiVo, your name and email address may have been compromised.
The folks at TiVo use a third party to send out all their customer emails and it seems that this third party suffered a security breach. Of course, since it was a third party email service provider and not TiVo that was hacked, the only information they had was names and email addresses.
While your credit card information is safe, you should still be wary when it comes to spam email. You should be incredibly careful when opening links or opening attachments. A phishing email pretending to come from TiVo seems likely.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Beatles - Help!' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'The Office: Season Nine' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'The Muppet Movie: The Original Classic – The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition' Dated for Blu-ray
- Poll: What Did You Think of 'Star Trek into Darkness'?
- 'Solomon Kane' Blu-ray Announced
- More High-Def Disc News...