|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Tivo's New Premiere Elite Detailed
Tags: TiVo, DVRs (all tags)
The new DVR uses four tuners and offers two terabytes of recording space.
TiVo's future release has been a bit of a mystery, but details have finally been uncovered for the upcoming TiVo Premiere Elite.
The Premiere Elite offers four tuners instead of the two in the rest of the Premiere line. That means you can record four channels at once - impressive to be sure. You'll have plenty of space for all that programming too, thanks to the 2TB hard drive that can handle 300 hours of HD recording.
Like the rest of TiVo's lineup, the Premiere Elite will offer video and audio streaming from online sources like Netflix. It can go wireless or use a more traditional Ethernet connection. It also packs MoCA compatibility for those that have picked up on this new networking tech.
Estimates for price range from as low as $400 to a high of $800. TiVo says the new DVR will launch this fall.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...