|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Theta Digital Releases a $4,000 3D Blu-ray Player
Tags: Theta, Blu-ray Players (all tags)
The company says that the Compli Blu 3D will give you 100 percent color accuracy, premium video quality and pure digital audio output.
Some people have a hard time swallowing the cost of higher end Blu-ray players while others settle only for the top of the line. Theta's new player is definitely not for those who want to stay in a lower price range, coming in at $3,995.
For that price, it offers features like Marvell Qdeo video processing and ultimate color accuracy. You'll find a 16-gage steel chassis and a custom aluminum front for impressive sturdiness and, unlike most high-end products we see, a Wi-Fi adapter and the ability to stream from Netflix, Pandora and Vudu.
Audio is where the Compli Blu might surprise you. Your only option for output is digital. The Compli Blu doesn't have any DACs because, as Theta's chief engineer Dave Reich puts it, "It’s simply impossible to build a DAC into a disc player that can compare with the finest outboard units." He says that they could waste money and raise the cost of the unit by including a DAC, but that it'll never compare to separate components.
Source: Electronic House
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...